Pan American Montessori Society Accreditation Application Requirements
This is a listing of all of the requirements for the accreditation application. Please refer to the Guidelines for School Accreditation Document for a detailed definition of each requirement.
The application should contain the following information
1. Completed application forms by the following people:
- Assistant Directors
- Assistant Teachers
2. Pictures of all shelves from each classroom. Organized as follows:
- Group the pictures by classroom
- Group each classroom pictures by avenues/areas
- Practical life
- Cultural Science
3. Pictures of children working during the work cycle. As Listed in Standard VII in the PAMS Guidelines for School Accreditation.
4. Describe how you implement the Montessori Pedagogical Standards. The following are the PAMS standards:
- Montessori certified lead teacher serve in every class
- Properly Prepared Classroom Environments: The classrooms are set up according to Montessori Standards and are structured and complete. The Montessori Prepared Environment at the school is structured to provide the following key elements:
- Freedom and discipline
- Structure and order
- Reality and nature
- Simplicity and beauty
- The Montessori materials
- Normalized children
- Responsible life in community
- Student/Teacher Ratios and Number of children in each classroom
- Infants (4:1) with a maximum of 12
- Toddlers (6:1) with a maximum of 18
- Primary (14:1) with a maximum of 28
- Elementary (15:1) with a maximum of 30
- Middle School (1:15) with a maximum of 30
- Note: totals may differ based upon requirements of government authorities.
- Age Ranges:
- Infants (3 to 12) months
- Toddlers (12-15+) months
- Primary (2.5-6) years
- Lower Elementary (6-9) years
- Upper Elementary (9-12) years
- Middle School (12-15) years
- Uninterrupted work periods
- Toddlers: 2 hours per day a minimum of 3 days per week
- Primary: 3 hours per day every morning
- Elementary and Middle School: 3 hours per day every morning and 2 to 3 hours at least 3 afternoons per week. Two afternoons are made available for special subjects and activities.
6. Provide evidence of student record keeping.
- Provide evidence of the methods used by teachers to record the development of each individual child in the classroom.
- Describe the method used to track individual students from one level to the next.
- Submit templates used in record keeping.
5. Continual Improvement Plan. Please include the following:
- The school’s Mission and Vision statements
- Describe the school’s Administrative Structure
- Describe any other philosophies, if any, that the school implements
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the school and the areas you wish to improve